USENIX

This week we applied for student grants to attend USENIX's Security Conference in Vancouver. Although the results of our applications remain to be seen, I myself am very interested in the papers at the conference. At least two papers seem to involve sensor security, which relates to part of our lab's research -- I myself has used RF EMI to attack a webcam, as detailed in the Ghost Talk paper, so now I have experience with at least one sensor attack. In addition to the Embedded Security papers, I have not been to any Security Conferences before, so I look forward to seeing the other types of attacks, like Side Channel attacks or the papers associated with Applied Cryptography. Let's hope we get something good out of our grant applications!
Seen above: a real life reenactment of the application writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quadrature Amplitude Modulation

Vulnerabilities in Possible Future Technology

MCity